Not a big girl yet!

Hello all, I'm sorry I haven't been round much - I have been so busy here in our new, nosy (did I mention their still drilling) offices!

Anyway  we are in the midst of a heatwave here in the UK (at the end of September). So not only am I very busy and ever so tired when I finish work, I'm also a sweaty heap because its the policy (ahem or so I was told by the Space Manager!) not to have air conditioning.

So for the last couple of nights we've been popping into the pub on the way home from work (yes that is all of us, see the Bad Mummy come through again!).  While I'm sat there drinking necking my pint, the girls have been playing in the huge beer garden our local possesses.

Which is were this gem of a conversation came:

Neb: How was school today Bel?

Bel: Fine (yes we don't get much info - bane of every parent!)

Neb: I was in the Maths class today and J's step- mum said that J had asked if you could come and play? Is he your boyfriend? (We are oh so tactful in our house)

Bel: No Daddy, but I think my cheeks are going red!

Me (getting my oar in) So who do you fancy then?

Bel: I'm not going to fancy anyone until I get to secondary school and even if you do ask its not Justin Beiber because he's gay

me and Neb .. sat there shocked and then I had to ask Do you know what that means?

Bel: Yes its when 2 men love each other... anyway Justin Beiber is Gay and he has a girlfriend.....



So, there we are proof that Bel knows more than I thought she would .. and that she is not swayed by boys just yet! But then again, she does lurve Matt Smith!!

BNM


Remember if you are also a busy shattered working mum like me, and can't be arsed in making your own lunch that Innocent Veg Pots are currently running a Tweet and Eat discount scheme.. go on have a look, lets aim for a free pot!
 

Comments