Happy St Patrick's Day


Now you'd think as I'm Welsh and after the rugby on Saturday (don't ask the score needless to say we didn't win !) I wouldn't be celebrating St Patrick's Day. I mean he's the patron saint of Ireland is he not.

But did you know he was a WELSHMAN.

Actually this is where things get complicated, apparently he was thought to have been born in Strathclyde (Scotland) which was a Welsh speaking area at the time!!!

Legends state that he rid Ireland of snakes.

St Patrick's day is celebrated not just in Ireland but in many other countries where many irish families have settled. For instance in Chicago, USA they dye the river green as part of St Patrick's day celebration:


Anyway I hope this overly green page today hasn't put anyone off!! That'll be you then.

To everyone else I hope you have a good St Patrick's day ( or first day back in work/ birthday), have a guinness or two and enjoy the celebrations.

Comments

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!! I heard a rumour you Welsh folk were trying to claim him, next thing you will be saying you invented the Irish language or taught us how to drink (lol)? I won't rub in about the match, I did watch it, I was rooting for Ireland. I will say no more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patricks Day! I have to confess that even though I'm Irish and have lived within 12 miles of Dublin my whole life i've never been to the parade, isn't that awful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St Patricks Day to you too:) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehee! Thanks lovely! Hope you had a Haapt St Patrick's Day too.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont