Muuum, can we go there...?

Can you tell its nearly Easter holidays? I can, do you want to know how - well so far this morning while watching kids tv we've seen adverts for Disneyland Paris, Legoland and Thomasland.

So this morning all I've said over and over is no thats too expensive!

1) Firstly let's see how much it would be to go to Disneyland:

Well for a 2 night/ 3 day stay over Easter it would cost a whopping £1724.00 to stay in the 4 star disneyland hotel for the four of us. This price doesn't include flights or any extras f.e you can have breakfast with your favourite disney character for £16/adult and £12/child!
So sorry girls, not going there - mum would like to go to the one in Florida so daddy can visit his family and you can see Great Aunt jean!

2) Legoland Windsor

Now as we live in the back of beyond it would probaly take forever for us to get here but if we decide to go down to London to see relatives again this year we could pop in.

That is until I saw the price ....£38/adult £28/child so for us that would be £104/ family for the day. Luckily Car would get in free!!!

So again, sorry girls, legoland is out of the question- we can try and make our own at home with lego, duplo and megablocks if you like?

3) Thomasland (Drayton Manor Park)

I would love to take the girls here as Drayton Manor is near to the inlaws so would be a great day out. That is until I saw the price!!!

£28/adult and £24/child (Car again free) but a grand total of £80 for the day.

Again girls, no , Thomas is out!

So, I think this Easter we will be mainly walking in the countryside, enjoying our scenery and doing free things!!! (weather permitting). Here are some pics of us last year:



Comments

  1. A walk in the park, a picnic and a game of cricket always go down well.

    Having said that, we are going to Disneyworld Florida this easter, but that's a trip of a lifetime planned for the last six years.

    Have a look where you can go for free with Tesco vouchers. We've done Portmeirion, Tower of London, Eureka, World of Glass, Beamish and many others for free. I think they do Legoland. Start saving those Tesco vouchers!

    You can also get free meals with them at many family friendly restaurants (just pay for the drinkd) and free hotel rooms. Last Whit we stayed in a Hilton in London, ate at three restaurants and went to the Tower of London all on Tesco vouchers. We only paid our train fare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been to Thomas Land and Disneyland and they were both fantastic days out - expensive but fantastic.

    This year we're staying much closer to home but I'm sure we'll have just as much fun.

    One of the most fun times we had as a family last year was a picnic and a family game of baseball at the park, I've never laughed so much in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One look at the exceedingly damp Lego land made me feel like running screaming for the hills.


    Son of Thor wants to go to Guardaland, that will make a meteor sized hole in the budget and I'll be forced to regurgitate several times, whilst being scared silly on rides I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go on.

    Strangely enough I am being hard to persuade on this matter.

    So the Sagra up the road it is, we'll spend the money on veg plants that mummy wants and stuff ourselves silly on those special pork sarnie things that you can never find anywhere else.

    I'll pick him up and whiz him around a bit to make up for the lack of roller coasters or something. And then take to my bed with a knackered back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto- my kids are 4 and 6- and they would love each place. However, just to get to California or Florida from Maine would cost a mint, not to mention the park itself. We will hit Disney one day, but later when the littlest is at least old enough to remember it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are ways to do this more frugally. I save up my whole years tesco vouchers and this allows us to get in for a quarter of the price.

    We also buy my mums friends tesco vouchers. It makes it an affordable day out, especially when you take a picnic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See Tesco Vouchers would be great and I do have a clubcard but the nearest Tesco is 2hrs drive away!!
    Now if only Morrison's did vouchers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these places really are expensive aren't they, and of course the food they sell is extremely expensive as well.

    You look like you have some lovely free places to explore though so I hope the weather holds out.

    I've tagged you in a meme over at mine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got some 2 for 1 vouchers for Legoland if you want them, think they were from WHSmith. But yes, it is a bit of a trek to get there.
    Wales has got lovely beaches and countryside, in fact we are going there this weekend to see the in-laws :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont