This little piggy went to market...

I recently found the blog Keep Calm and Eat Cake and after playing with Hamish for a bit I thought I'd particiapte in her food post.

Food for thought came about after her recent blogpost on overripe bananans and the rules are:
You could share a favourite recipe, take a photo, write a food related story, make something crafty or even record a vlog of you demonstrating how to cook something. Just take the word and do with it what you will. Then come back here and post the link to your post. 


Anyway the word for this week is BACON and I absolutley love bacon so here is one of my favourite recipes using bacon.


Bacon & Mushroom Pasta

You will need:

400g pasta - I normally use penne but any will do.
250g pack chestnut mushrooms -wiped clean if you can be bothered, I tend to put them in as they are.
8 rashers bacon - the recipes asks for streaky but bacon is bacon is bacon!
4tbsp pesto - again the recipe asks for fresh but the jar stuff is fine!
200ml carton creme fraiche

Cook pasta as directed.
While pasta is cooking cut bacon and mushrooms into bite size pieces.
Reserve a few drops of pasta water (put mug into pan and take out some water!) and then drain pasta.
Fry bacon and mushrooms in pasta pan for few mins- until golden. Keep the heat high so the mushrooms cook in the bacon fat and don't sweat!
Tip the pasta and water back into pan with bacon and mushrooms. Take off heat and mix in pesto and creme fraiche.
Serve.
This serves 4 but I can eat a 2 person portion myself!

Enjoy.
BNMx

Comments

  1. Delish!!! yum!! By the way what has you up blogging a receipe at 6.51AM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything pasta related and this sounds gorgeous. Will definitely try it:) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious - I'm veggie but could substitute with fake bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irish Mammy - the impending change in time and the brightness of the mornings had my toddler shouting stairs mummy at 5.45 this am!!

    Jen - definately a must try

    mummmmeee - fake bacon or cardboard you choose. LOL!
    BNMx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm sounds lovely and I am a new fan of Hamish too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you crack in a few eggs at the pesto and creme fraiche stage you will have a good Carbonara. I mention only that there are so many with Lactose and milk impediments these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vince -thanks for that. I tend to cheat when making carbonara anyway and I fry bacon and then start to scramble eggs before adding pasta and bacon and then serving with cheese on top. No lactose or milk anywhere to be seen.
    BNMx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont