Meal Plan Monday - January 16th

I'm actually on time this week - which I know is a surprise to all but the girls are playing Play Doh and we're hoping to go for a shop later on.

As January is getting longer and money is getting shorter am trying to use lots of stuff from the freezer this week so don't need to do that big a shop (hopefully!)

 Monday - Toad in the hole, gravy, mash and broccoli (maybe even left over swedes and carrots mash as I will probably go OTT with Sunday's roast!)

Tuesday - Fish Bites and Chips (the girls were meant to have fish bites two weeks ago but never got round to it, so cod bites for them!) Neb is out in Welsh and Pool tonight so I will probably have something light and picky. I did notice some pasta in the freezer so I may have that!

Wednesday - Meatloaf, gravy and mash (I've never made this before but found some mince in the freezer and the kids seem to have gone off Spaghetti Bolognese!)

Thursday - Pizza Chicken Melts (from an old Good Food magazine but I found it on the web here, served with chips or wedges

Friday - I have no idea, there may be leftover Meatloaf or it may be something simple from the freezer! If not then the best stand by we love in our house is Baked Potato!

Saturday - Chicken Cutlets and Rapid Rostini (from Nigella's Kitchen)

Sunday - we are going to a christening today so have nothing planned, if kids eat at christening then maybe something like soup/ boiled eggs !

And the meal plan last week, well we stuck to it apart from having homemade pizza on Saturday and the Pork Steaks on Sunday!

As ever am linking up (once ) with Mrs M and her meal plan and can't wait to see what everyone else is cooking. Apart from Tuesday this week we are eating as a family again which so far is going good but with Car being fussy I don't know how Wednesday's meal will go down!  Would love to know what food you cook for your kids or whether you do more than one meal.

BNM

Comments