Work ethics

(warning I'm about to rant so if you don't want to read I don't mind!)

I have work ethics like everyone else but it seems one department in the university I work at have decided against some basic ones.


Image: basketman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

So, let me set the scene for you, Monday morning at work and I go for usual snoop on job's page. What do I find but the job I'd applied for back in December. The job that I was waiting to hear about - the job I was hoping for. I'd received nothing from them. Nothing to say that I hadn't been shortlisted.

I was angry (I have calmed down a lot, your lucky you didn't get this RA earlier!)

I rang HR , only to be told that I had not met the criteria, which is fine but where was the courteous email, OH apparently they don't send one. What! Stupid Bloody People!

I am gutted I didn't get the job but hey at least I know now- even if it was a horrible way to find out.

Hei di Ho - Best get off back to work!

BNM

Comments