Cake anyone....

Go on, grab a seat, put your feet up - coffee machine is making that funny wlob wlob noise and the tea is in the pot brewing....

Today, its my birthday and I'm getting old now - not as old as Bel thought I was when I asked her - she thinks I'm 100 and Neb's 70 - gee thanks!!
I'm actually 34.. and was born in the hot summer of 76 (I so feel sorry for my mother for that one!!)

Anyway grab some cake:
Today is also Bastille Day in France.. so Happy Bastille Day for everyone out there.
I used to go on many a french exchange to France when I was in school (oh so long ago now!!) and thought it was great that there was this big party with fireworks and frivolity's (I used to get fed lobster and steak!). Obviously its more to do with storming the Bastille than that but I didn't know that then.

Anwyay hope you've had enough cake, I thought I'd share some music with you from the years of my life!!.

Firstly number one the week I was born is:

Johnny Nash - Tears on my pillow




Then the year I was 10, it was Madonna - Papa Don't Preach



Then the year I was 20, it was Fugees - Killing me Softly:



Then the year I was 30, it was Lily Allen - Smile



Hope you all have a nice day - me I'm busy in work (cough, cough) but will surely have a drinky bink later on!!!

BNM

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, peaches! I hope you have a grand, #1 hit kind of day1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a good one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one and the weather's better with you than me (it's been pouring down all day. boohiss!). :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Hope you have a good time tonight and a lie in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great birthday! (oh and if you are 100 that makes me 102 this year - eek!) I'll need more than tea for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday - you're merely a pup! Great way to mark the decades - I'll remember that when I turn 40 next year (yikes).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I'm raising my glass to you! Hope you had a wonderful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Yum, Happy Birthday and thanks for the cake. My shout next month, Im just over a month behind you, another 76 babe, except over here I was born in the middle of winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont