I'm not there

Today, UK mummy (and daddy) bloggers are making history.

Today is the day of the blogging revolution - Cybermummy is on.



Its so much of a blogging revolution that you may all think that everyone is off to it. But I'm not (and I'm not the only one). If you check out Twitter today and search #notgoingtocybermummy there are quite a few of us.

At £100 a ticket it wasn't a cheap conference and that doesn't include any travelling costs/ eating /staying! If I had wanted to go from here it would have cost a total of £400 quid!! And taken forever!!

And that's if I wanted and could've gone - if your new here you may not know that the hubby, Neb, doesn't know I blog and only a small number (3) of my friends know I do. But really if he knew and if I could afford it would I go? I really don't know, have never been to any conference before ( even if I am talking at one in a couple of weeks time EEK!) .

Having asked a few people on twitter this morning many have said it is not their scene. Do we as mummy bloggers need to go to a conference on blogging to show us how to lead the way? Being a mummy blogger is revoultion enough for us isn't it not - (and no, I'm not tryin to diss the conference - you go for it girls!)

Anyway I'm off to put feet up and enjoy the virtual coffee /wine morning on Twitter! Sod the housework!!

BNM

Comments

  1. The virtual coffee morning was lovely today!

    Now I'm enjoying being at home with my boys, sitting in the sunshine.

    Wasn't sure about the whole cybermummy thing. Would love to meet many of my cyber friends but would rather start low-key I think, rather than at a conference. So maybe next year, if they'll have me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being over here - it's quite obvious that I won't be in attendance....

    I'm not sure about these things - what's the purpose - other than meeting up with some fellow bloggers? Which to be honest I'd rather do in a more intimate venue or even one on one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's part of me that would love to go, mainly to meet some of my bloggy friends in real life. I blog for fun so I'm not sure if I'm their target audience as I'm not that bothered if I don't get picked up by search engines and the like! The #notgoingtocybermummy coffee morning is a lot of fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not that keen on conferences either and I go to one at least once a year for work! I'd love to meet some bloggers and tweeters though, and I hear they have conference goodie bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved to go, but the cost, along with trying to find a babysitter, and the length of time to travel there (from the bottom of the highlands) would just be too much for me I think.

    Maybe in a year or two...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really only just starting out (still am!) when I first heard about Cybermummy and I didn't feel it would be for me. Some of what I've read today tho from the tweets and live blogs does sound useful and of course would have been lovely to meet some fellow bloggers, although at the same time this would also worry me! Totally with you on the cost, would have been like that for me and waaaay beyond my means!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of wish I was there. Even though I would probably be too shy to speak to many people. And I don't particularly want to be photographed, as I'm pretty much in the closet, too, when it comes to blogging.

    (Not to the husband, though - I am completely incapable of keeping a secret from him. Very annoying.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shame you couldnt make it. In all honesty I learnt nothing from the sessions that I didnt already know. However for networking and making contacts with PRs as well as socializing it was ace. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to have gone for the social side of it but £100 is a lot to pay for that. It would be great if they could get more sponsorship next year and lower the price of the tickets, although I still don't think it would be my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a big blogging conference over here this year too called Blog Her and I'm not going to it, so I know what you mean. I am kind of jealous of everyone who's getting to go, but it is just not a priority for my family to send me on a trip like that when we would rather go somewhere as a family. Maybe someday, but in the meantime, I'll be reading the blogs to hear all about it. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its an interesting concept but I wonder why too. Blogging for me is because I like to write and I am enjoying having a record of all the little things in my life. I don't really need to lead the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont