I wanna cry

I have just found out that the break in London I was so looking forward to has had to be cancelled. We were all meant to be going down the first week of August to stay with Neb's family but after cryptic message on FB last night we are now not going due to their work committments having changed. We went down last year and had a fab time and I was so looking forward to going away!!
Neb rang earlier to break the bad news to me and said that they would be able to take us in October (half term, end of month, before payday -ain't gonna happen!!)
So, I suggested that we go camping, as dad has a tent for us - he didn't seemed overjoyed by that idea!
Then I mentioned that I was really looking forward Super Little Men (who I went to uni with if you hadn't guessed) and as Bel and Isaac are now writing letters to each other it would've been nice to have a catch up.
Neb suggested that we stay with his parents for a few days and meet SLM halfway between his parents and theirs for one of the days. Now I love SLM to bits, but do I really want to spend my summer holiday at his parents house!!

So, does anyone know of anywhere I can go for 4 nights camping on the cheap but close to cheap/free places to go? Or can I see London and stay on a tight budget? All help would be muchly appreciated.

BNM

Comments

  1. There's a really nice (if basic) site in Wing, Rutland - close to Rutland Water where there's lots to do for free (as well as money!) but that's my only experience of campsites recently. Pity about the London trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame about your London trip - I can understand how disappointed you must be. I'm afraid I'm not much use regarding the alternatives, but am happy to ask around for you and will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your trips been scrapped. I'm of no help to you in your search. But you know, North Carolina is always nice....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok BNM its u and me against the world, wouldn't it be nice to say sod the lot of them and the 2 of us go off with a tent, wine and us to a field for 4 days, but of course that can't happen as our babies come 1st, after all if it wasn't for our babies would we be where we are now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gigi - I do think that North Carolina is possibly a tad out of my price range and neither I or the kids have Passports!
    SuperLittleMen - what a fantastic idea - anyway we will have to meet up that week somehow - am looking into things will ring next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that your trip was cancelled!! That's a big bummer. And unfortunately, being all the way across the pond over here, I don't think any of my favorite spots would be very convenient for a short getaway. But if you ever want to come to Dallas, know that you can stay with us!! We'd love to have you guys for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont