BAD MUMMY ALERT!

(If you are sensitive don't read this)

I can't wait to go back to work!! My kids are driving me insane. My husband will be buried before New Year's Eve at this rate!!!

I need some me time, you'd think that seeing as I'm the only one working that at some point over these holidays I (the only person who gets up every morning at 6.30 with Car) would get a lie in!
But apparently not, apparently I can get up with the kids every morning, breakfast them, dress them, stop world war 3 happening whilst they are looking at the Argos catalogue for more toys(!!), and then husband can just saunter out of bed at 11ish and say good morning all brightly while I'm sat here tearing my hair out!

I am writing this as they are eating their breakfast, well when I say eating, Car is in her highchair slurping her cereal ( which makes a change as it's normally on the floor!), Bel on the other hand is acting up - making a mess on the table and then taking forever to wipe it and now moaning that she can't slurp her remaining milk because there is cereal in it!! GIVE ME STRENGTH.

My only salvation today is that I'm meeting my godmother for lunch today - she rang and arranged it out of the blue. It will be nice to have adult company that doesn't ignore you and not have to listen to children going Mummy,Mummy ,Mummy over and over again or as Bel has started doing answer back or totallty ignore me even if I've asked her to do something over and over again!


Here's to some me time!

BNM
x

Comments

  1. I hear you oh so very well.

    Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! I know the feeling well - by the end of vacation I'm ready to go back to work to get some rest!! Go enjoy that much needed adult time - and when you get home inform hubby that you will be sleeping in tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog since just before Christmas. So a pinch of salt.
    Is Neb with the kids every other day you arenot at work. If he is he AND they will have developed a working relationship. And while for the first few days you are a novelty after that they just need to relax to their normal doings.
    Neb may for instance shovel the brecky down the 5yo when she gets like that. Now do not get me wrong, you are their mother and if they were with a Nanny the rest of the week you would be fighting tooth and nail for every moment with them. But as they are with their father you are sorta caught, in that you cannot hand them off to the Nanny for he will tell you, Redzer or not, where ta jump off.
    But now remember that Neb will have all this next week.

    Anyway, have a happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont