Bah Humbug - Let's cancel it!

I am not in a Christmassy mood. The tree is up, the lights are all around, there is snow (not here mind!), there are presents under the tree and all should be good. But it is not!
I am the sole earner -I have been so since Neb resigned under duress about 2 years ago. It is not easy. We have got through it so far (even though some of you want to bury him under the patio- you know who you are!) but I don't know how to do it this Christmas.
I should be grateful because I know we have more than others, we have our children, each other, and when Santa comes on Christmas Eve he'll bring what has been wished for but this is not enough. I still have to buy presents for my dad, my brother and wife, his mum and dad and his brother and girlfriend and for Neb. I still have a Christmas shop to do tomorrow - but not just a veg shop, no I need to eke out my monthly pay for December for a shop to feed the girls until the end of January!!
I have looked at the budget and we will do it - Neb's mum has been kind in the past and will no doubt be kind again but I can't carry on like this. I'm reaching my patience limit.
I'm worried that Neb is getting very depressed, I'm worried about his drinking level and am worried that if he ever gets a job we will be so buried in debt that there will be no way out.
I wish I could ask my dad for a hand out of this mess but I'm worried that he will say no - I wish my mum was here to help me, so I could talk to her, so I could hug her.

So anyway, I'm thinking of running away and cancelling Christmas whose with me.

BNM

PS if you know me in real life - don't panic I'm fine sometimes I need to get it out (hugs)

Comments

  1. Oh sweetie - vent away. At some point we are all ready to chuck it all and run away. Christmas is especially stressful, emotionally and financially (believe me - I know - am suffering from my own little meltdowns....). Continue to count your blessings and find joy in the little things - it'll all work out - some how; some way. Many hugs and happy thoughts being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all works out somehow - can you tell people that presents aren't happening this year? I'm sure they'll understand. I really think people overdo presents in a big way and it puts so much financial pressure on so many people. We're struggling too this year and it is so draining when you can't enjoy Christmas for the constant financial worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry things are tough - Christmas does create so much stress you do wonder at times whether it's worth it. Thinking of you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets call off xmas and runaway somewhere hot!

    I felt the same yesterday. I can't believe the stress (and expense!) we put ourselves under for 1 day. You have the kids sorted so you are doing just fine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it works out for you I really do. It can be so hard. Scrap the pressies to each other and your parents, they WILL understand. Feed the kids and you first that's worth more than pressies.
    Hope the New Year brings positive news for you x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont